Laura Bashizadeh of Hunters Estate Agents on Teesside homes in on some top tips for getting the best price for your property – fast.
1. First impressions count – make sure your property has kerb appeal. Mow the lawns and tidy the garden.
2. Emphasise space – de-clutter, clear surfaces, including floors and table tops.
3. Maximise light – open curtains, blinds and adjoining doors.
4. Odours matter – prior to viewings, open windows to air the property and take pets outside during viewings.
5. Minimise buyer’s worries – no need to spend a fortune, but do carry out minor repairs to walls, floors and features.
6. Security – for your own piece of mind lock away valuables during viewings.
7. Viewings – be as flexible as possible and keep an open mind about viewers’ circumstances.
8. Let your estate agent do the viewings – we are the experts and are twice as likely to secure a sale agreed.
Sales Negotiator and Accompanied Viewer