A pioneering Tees-based mortgage and protection specialist has celebrated its rise to become one of the region’s leading financial firms just three years after starting.
From a standing start in 2014, Bespoke Financial Services is now ranked in the top 10 of the First Complete group’s UK-wide network of around 800 firms.
Bespoke, who moved from Middlesbrough to Stockton’s Gloucester House last year as they continued their rapid expansion, is already the network’s number one operation across the north of England.
Principal Lee Flanagan said Bespoke now looked after mortgage and insurance concerns of more than 200 families per month across Teesside.
“We’ve enjoyed phenomenal growth from the very start,” said Lee. “What we’re achieving as a company from a standing start just three years ago is unheard of in our region.
“How do we do it? It’s been through good old-fashioned values of putting our customers first.
“All of our team is committed to working hard and we’re very real. People believe in us. That’s why we’ve been able to grow built almost solely on the power of referral. There’s been no fancy apps or big advertising budgets.
“Our ethics are so important. First and foremost, as our name suggests, we only give people what they need at a price they can afford.”
To celebrate their ongoing growth and success, Bespoke held a staff awards ceremony at Middlesbrough’s Jury’s Inn to mark a “massive” 12-month period
“The last 12 months have been both challenging and rewarding, but we’ve continued our growth
“Our team, most of them working in finance for the first time, are all Teessiders so a strong work ethic and steely determination is in our DNA.
“It’s a close-knit team full of lovely, extremely professional people. They are the best bunch of people you could ever meet.
“We fully plan to go right to the top of our UK network over the next couple of years.
“The awards event was our opportunity to thank our team in front of family members and many clients.”
Big winner on the night, receiving three awards, was former scaffolder Darren Roulston who Lee described as “everything Bespoke stands for”.
Lee added: “The success achieved by all members of the Bespoke team is down to their fantastic attitude, work ethic, application and ability to treat people the right way.
“They have managed to not only protect the lives of their valued clients but also change theirs and their families’ lifestyles through old-fashioned ethics and hard work.”
Bespoke Financial Teesside award-winners were as follows (see more pictures below):
• Employee of the Year, Top Sales Adviser and Principal’s Choice: Darren Roulston. A former scaffolder who joined Bespoke in a part-time role 14 months ago, he is now senior protection adviser.
• Insurance Provider Award & Personality of the Year: Nathan Steel. Previously a student and football coach, senior protection and mortgage adviser Nathan has been with the company for two years.
• Best Newcomer: Jack Ryan. Joined Bespoke a year ago from a previous role as protection adviser with Santander.
• Outstanding Contribution: Michelle Carter. Office manager Michelle joined Bespoke from Outwood Academy in Ormesby 13 months ago.
• Most Improved Advisor: Jordan Galloway. Another former football coach, Jordan joined Bespoke 18 months ago and is now senior protection adviser.