Tilly Bailey & Irvine Law Firm is close to celebrating 10 years at Wynyard Park, having also recently celebrated the firm’s 175th anniversary.
Being one of the first tenants, Tilly Bailey & Irvine has seen the growth of Wynyard Park around it, and indeed the commercially-focused office of Tilly Bailey & Irvine has achieved similar growth over the past decade. This is not only just on a head count, but also by the overall development of its services, expertise and client base.
Having provided specialist legal services to businesses for nearly 20 years, firstly from offices in Thornaby overlooking the river, and now from Wynyard Park, the team of legal experts has grown significantly.
In addition to its established legal services for businesses, the Wynyard office has developed a dedicated and highly skilled team of lawyers for the needs of high net worth individuals.
The Private Family and Private Client teams at Wynyard assist individual business clients of the firm in areas such as divorce and finances, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, estate planning and conveyancing advice.
All are delivered with the high level of service and sophistication clients are accustomed to from the firm’s commercial departments, establishing Tilly Bailey & Irvine as the lawyers for people in business and ensuring that all aspects of clients’ personal, professional and business needs are met.
Tilly Bailey & Irvine’s Wynyard office is perfectly positioned to assist all manner of business clients with the following:
• Corporate Finance: mergers and acquisitions, disposals and restructurings and all other matters incidental to the corporate structure of a business.
• Commercial: advising and guiding businesses through their legal relationships with all stakeholders and assisting in recognising the risks and opportunities at each turn. Tilly Bailey & Irvine advise on a full array of commercial contracts including agency, licensing, consumer terms and conditions and franchising.
• Commercial Property: the highly experienced Wynyard team advises on the full suite of property-related transactions but with particular expertise in pension fund and agricultural transactions.
• Employment: employees are perhaps the most important asset in any business and Tilly Bailey & Irvine understands the importance in having this aspect of a business run smoothly. The team work in both contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
• Commercial Disputes: the award-winning team provide a pragmatic, commercial approach in order to achieve the best result for clients. Whilst disputes of any nature can be handled by the department, there is particular experience in professional negligence, contentious probate and post-M&A litigation.
• Insolvency and Turnaround: with difficulties on the High Street and Brexit still showing little certainty, financial concerns are commonplace in the current market for SMEs. The team at Tilly Bailey & Irvine is not only experienced in advising in such circumstances but also well connected with appropriate insolvency specialists who can quickly advise on the best ways forward for a struggling business.
• Private Client: the team works closely with the commercial departments and understands the typical challenges faced by individuals with complex affairs. They frequently assist with Wills, succession planning, inheritance tax, trusts and estate administration for business owners, senior professionals, farmers and landowners and high net worth individuals.
• Private Family: the preparation of pre- and post-nuptial agreements; settling issues such as the preservation of assets accrued or acquired by one party in the event the marriage failed; divorce and financial issues; arising as well as advice to unmarried couples contemplating living together or upon separation.
All of the teams at Tilly Bailey & Irvine strive to work in partnership with their clients to help achieve their goals, whatever they may be. Quite often these are project-based matters that require legal expertise to achieve a certain objective.
However, the teams at Tilly Bailey & Irvine Wynyard are equally adept at providing long-term support and guidance to clients to ensure they have everything in place to succeed in their business and personal affairs.