Many of Teesside’s leading businesses are backing a unique £200-a-ticket raffle to raise funds for struggling Teesside families – with a £5,000 holiday voucher among the prizes.
The raffle is being organised by Middlesbrough and Teesside Philanthropic Foundation after the charity made the decision not to go ahead with its Annual Ball.
Held in the Grand Marquee at Wynyard Hall, last year’s ball raised £75,000 for local worthy causes, with a Who’s Who of Teesside businesses represented among more than 500 guests.
However, this year’s ball is the latest victim of the Covid-19 pandemic – though the charity’s chair of trustee Lee Bramley has promised it will return next year when the foundation celebrates its 10th anniversary.
In its place this year, the foundation is asking Teesside businesses to support its unique prize draw, which will be drawn on October 9, when the Foundation’s ball would have taken place.
Foundation patrons PX Group, The Build Directory, Erimus Insurance Brokers, Mandale Group, Endeavour Partnership and Active Chartered Financial Planners have already committed to purchasing at least one of the £200 raffle tickets.
But chair Lee, managing partner of the Endeavour Partnership, is calling on many more businesses to do their bit to help struggling Teesside families by purchasing a ticket.
Lee explained: “The monies raised will enable us to gift short breaks at our caravans in Filey to struggling Teesside families who would otherwise be unable to leave the town they live in.
“Now we’re asking you to help us raise funds to send more Teesside families on the sort of short break that would normally be out of their reach but the rest of us take for granted.
“We are asking local businesses to purchase a £200 ticket – the price of which equates to the cost of a caravan break for a struggling Teesside family – so buying a ticket means you’ll be ensuring some of the poorest local kids will have a short break to look forward to.”
• £5,000 Holiday Voucher (donated by foundation patron Frances Connolly)
• Table of 10 at our next year’s 10th Anniversary Ball
• £500 voucher for Rockliffe Hall (donated by Erimus Insurance Brokers)
• £500 voucher for wine from Newhouse & Co (donated by PX Group)
• £750 voucher for Grantley Hall in Ripon (donated by Mandale)
• Weekend stay at a house in Whitby close to the town, sleeps 7 (donated by Active Chartered Financial Planners)
• Two return flights from Teesside International Airport to Heathrow plus two-night stay at Hilton London, Syon Park (donated by Teesside International Airport)
• Dom Perignon Champagne gift box (donated by Devereux Transport and Distribution)
• Porsche driving experience at Silverstone including overnight stay (donated by Porsche Teesside)
Raffle ticket numbers are strictly limited. To purchase one or more of the £200 tickets, click here.