This Friday morning is the deadline for Tees firms to help Teesside Philanthropic Foundation support struggling local families by purchasing unique £200-a-ticket raffle – with a £5,000 holiday voucher among the prizes.
The raffle is being organised by the Middlesbrough-based charity after its trustees made the difficult decision not to go ahead with its annual fundraising ball.
Held in the Grand Marquee at Wynyard Hall, last year’s ball raised more than £75,000 for local worthy causes, with a Who’s Who of Teesside businesses represented among more than 500 guests.
However, this year’s ball fell victim to the Covid-19 pandemic – though the charity’s chair of trustee Lee Bramley has promised it will return next year when the foundation celebrates its 10th anniversary.
In its place this year, the foundation is asking Teesside businesses to support its unique prize draw, which will be drawn this Friday (October 9), when the Foundation’s ball would have taken place.
Those who’ve already purchased a £200 raffle ticket include the foundation’s patrons Anderson Barrowcliff, Devereux Transport & Distribution, PX Group, The Build Directory, Erimus Insurance Brokers, Mandale Group, Endeavour Partnership, AV Dawson, Racz Group, Crystal Galleries, InBond, Middlesbrough College, First Choice Labels, Square One Law and Active Chartered Financial Planners.
Others include Tees Business, Cornerstone Business Solutions, Resolution PR, Wilton Engineering, Caswell’s, FRP Advisory and Ramsdens.
The monies raised will enable the foundation to gift short breaks at their caravans in Filey to struggling Teesside families who would otherwise be unable to leave the town they live in.
Lee Bramley, the foundation’s chair of trustees, said: “Thank you to all those who’ve already kindly purchased a ticket.
“We’d love more local businesses to purchase a £200 ticket by Friday morning – the price of which equates to the cost of a caravan break for a struggling Teesside family – so buying a ticket means you’ll be ensuring some of the poorest local kids will have a short break to look forward to.”
• £5,000 Holiday Voucher (donated by foundation patron Frances Connolly)
• Table of 10 at our next year’s 10th Anniversary Ball
• £500 voucher for Rockliffe Hall (donated by Erimus Insurance Brokers)
• £500 voucher for wine from Newhouse & Co (donated by PX Group)
• £750 voucher for Grantley Hall in Ripon (donated by Mandale)
• Weekend stay at a house in Whitby close to the town, sleeps 7 (donated by Active Chartered Financial Planners)
• Two return flights from Teesside International Airport to Heathrow plus two-night stay at Hilton London, Syon Park (donated by Teesside International Airport)
• Dom Perignon Champagne gift box (donated by Devereux Transport and Distribution)
• Porsche driving experience at Silverstone including overnight stay (donated by Porsche Teesside)
Raffle ticket numbers are strictly limited. To purchase one or more of the £200 tickets, click here.